Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Lamp Therapy

Been a busy day today. I cooked, I baked, I washed the dishes (actually the dishwasher did most of it, but I did wash some utensils that couldn't fit in it), I did the laundry, vacuumed the house and mopped it. Plus I also exercised just now. Now fresh from shower. I think the lamp therapy is working HA HA HA HA HA...

Before I had my lamp and kaamos (the dark winter days) started coming, I felt lethargic and I just didn't want to do anything. I didn't even feel like cooking. I bought some ready-made food from the store and just heated it up. I didn't want to exercise nor did I want to do anything much. My brain was like half empty and it didn't feel nice.

The lamp arrived a few days ago. R2 took it 'coz it was too big for me to carry on my bike (or on foot). I ordered Philips HF 3319 (you can google it up if you want to) and the first day I had it, I used it at around 4.30 pm. It made me energetic enough that it was hard to fall asleep at night HA HA HA HA HA...

So I learned my lesson!!! The next day I had a morning shift, so it was a perfect time to use before I went to work. I sat next to it in the kitchen while eating my breakfast and reading Donald Duck (Finnish version, mind you) for about 20 minutes and it felt nice. I didn't crank it up to its full "brightness", though, 'coz I couldn't stand it if I had to sit too close to it, but it was no problem. It helped even though I didn't turn the knob to the full brightness level. I've been using it for 4-5 days now and I must say that it makes me feel normal again. I go to work with my full brain capacity instead of just half of it. I feel more enthusiastic and energized to exercise.

So I guess I can safely say GOODBYE SAD!!! I sure won't miss ya!!! HE HE HE HE...


4 comments:

  1. that's wonderful news! :-))

    And more wonderful news... for me.

    I got a parcel from Finland today! :-D

    Santa's elf... I think? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle: Hi, M! Yeah, Santa's elf's been busy ha ha ha ha ha...:-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent blog.

    Fancy the content I have seen so far and I am your regular reader of your blog.

    I am very much interested in adding http://ailema4ever.blogspot.com/
    in my blog http://famous-celebrities-in-the-world.blogspot.com/.

    I am pleased to see my blog in your blog list.

    I would like to know whether you are interested in adding my blog in your blog list.

    Hope to see a positive reply.

    Thanks for visiting my blog as well !

    Waiting for your reply friend !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, good for you! I must google about this therapy lamp. :-)

    ReplyDelete