Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Highlights

I was SO SO HAPPY this Christmas due to several reasons HUE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE...

1. I managed to trick R2. How? Well, when I started browsing for a gift for him, I didn't know what to buy. I accidentally found a new novel written by his fave author (a translated novel, that is - though his English is good, he prefers reading novels in Finnish). Being broke (after my trip to Indo and after booking for the plane tickets to Helsinki), I couldn't buy more than one gift, BUT I HAD to disguise the book so that he wouldn't know it was a book, right?

So after I sold plenty of empty beer bottles/cans (leftover from my training in the hotel which I hadn't sold yet), I used that money to buy some packets of salmiakki. So I bundled all of them into one gift that had such an irregular shape that R2 wouldn't have known what was inside HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO...

When it was time to open the gift, he took out one packet of salmiakki first from the wrapper and then another one and another one. Then he took out the book last. By then his smile became wider HA HA HA HA...After opening the book wrapper, he said, "This is JUST what I wished I would get!"

HUE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE...BINGO!!!

1st pic: The lowest temperature on Christmas Day 2009:


2. MIL obviously wasn't expecting anything, but we got her a new computer HD and a lamb-shaped neck pillow. She wanted to pay for the HD, can you believe it? Of course R2 said NO!!! HE HE HE...And when she opened the neck pillow box, she shrieked, "AHHHHHH how did you know???" Then she hugged it and smiled so brightly he he he he he he...

2nd pic: Firewood.



3. The winter pants I ordered for FIL fit well!!! :-D I knew he needed a pair 'coz MIL mentioned it once, but I wasn't sure whether or not they had bought a new pair - when the gift was opened, MIL said, "This is just what he needs. I told him that we'd buy him a new pair of winter pants when the shops start selling everything on sale and now we don't have to buy them anymore." HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE...

3rd pic: The beautiful sky on Christmas Day.



4. I was craving for Bailey's Irish Cream (chocolate mint flavour - thanks to the incessant ad campaigns on TV), so I told R2 about this. On 23rd, I went out to buy it and without my knowledge, R2 had bought a bottle, too! Oh dear he he he...So we brought one bottle to my in-laws' place and shared it with MIL and FIL (BIL didn't stay there 'coz he continued the party at his girlfriend's parents' place) and now we still have a bottle at home - we can drink it later on New Year's Eve HO HO HO HO HO HO...

5. Bought a bouquet of flowers for in-laws' 47th wedding anniversary (if I had written here about this, I had miscalculated I think - 'coz I thought it was their 48th anniversary ha ha...). Anyway, they got married on December 26th.


What do I get? It's a secret HA HA HA HA HA HA...ahem...anyway, now time for me to call my parents 'coz today's my Dad's birthday. ;-D I'll blog-hop sometime later...

8 comments:

  1. Hi Amel, sounds like you are having a lovely Christmas. That's so cute the way you surprised R2. I cannot believe it is -27C there. My English friends are complaining about -5C. Today it is sunny and warm in Yorkshire though so a good day and hopefully all the ice will melt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to Amel's father and lovely bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary to your in-laws and happy birthda to your dad. It's indeed a special time for you and your entire family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great Christmas post. I enjoyed reading it. Disguising Hubby's book present was pure genius! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you totally had an awesome Christmas, Mel! =) It was such a great idea disguising R2's gift, and even more awesome is how everyone loves their gifts. Well done, I must say! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to you! You are one of the first winners of the coveted Top Banana Awards. Come on over and claim your prize.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you had a wonderful and cozy Christmas. Those temperatures don't scare me though. Although we rarely see the temperatures dip that low where I now live, they were a regular occurence when I lived in Montrèal. And you can't go wrong if you are sitting in front of a cozy fire like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fish: One reason I love the cold weather is that the snow won't melt - I dislike it when it melts and freezes 'coz it makes everything SO slippery and dangerous he he...

    Jul: THANK YOU!!! ;-D

    Blur Ting: THANK YOU!!! :-D

    Rita: THANKS!!! I just didn't want him to know what it was 'coz it took the fun out of it hi hi...

    Shinta: THANKS and it did feel GREAT to know the gifts were beneficial! :-D

    74WIXYgrad: THANK YOU SO SO MUCH for the award!!!

    Bogey: So you're one of those people who're used to that temp. dip? COOL!!! :-D Indeed sitting in front of a cozy fire when it's cold outside is really nice he he...

    ReplyDelete