Sunday, August 30, 2015

Back From Malta

This lazy blogger has just noticed that this year she's written so few posts compared to previous years. Work has been busier this year and I've also taken a lot of time off from using the computer to rest my mouse hand. Anyway, we went to Malta for our summer holiday this year and my throat is sore now. Hopefully it's only a sore throat and nothing much. 

Malta is such a beautiful place to visit. The temperature was around 24-32'C. We were lucky enough not to have caught any rain. When we stopped by at a bar to have some drinks (we stopped a lot of times as it was hot and we got thirsty easily), the UK owner told us that the previous week had seen some rain as well as tornado. It actually got hotter and hotter the longer we stayed there as the first two days there was some cooler/stronger wind blowing. What I love about Malta is the local buses with air-con that come on schedule and there are plenty of signs everywhere. The people speak English very well and there are lots of public toilets, too. Lots of places to see, eat, drink, shop that are still cheaper than those in Finland. Oh, and let's not forget the many Japanese/Asian restaurants and massage places here and there too! LOL!!!

As we were travelling with MIL who has problems with her knees and a cousin, we took it easy and didn't visit too many places, though we did take plenty of photos. Here are the first batch of photos from Malta. Some of them were taken by mobile phone and some were taken by R2. R2 and his cousin went on a free boat ride along the coast. I didn't go because I have really bad sea sickness. They got the boat ride for free as we had taken a hop on and hop off bus tour the previous day.

The first photo was taken in a posh marina area. Lots of shiny yachts and boats there. The building on the far left side of the background is Hilton Hotel. 


The second photo is St. Julian's Bay.


Below is a photo of St. George's Bay, the beach we went to twice. Malta has plenty more rocky beaches compared to sandy ones. We paid €20 for a full-day use of the sun loungers with parasols, the toilet, the shower and the price included a towel, too. Very handy! Plus there's a bar and restaurant on the left side. The right side (that has no sun loungers) is free to use, but there's no parasol there so you have to bring your own if you want to. 
 

Below is a photo of a 5-star hotel somewhere. 


Beautiful views from around the coast. Lots of historical and old buildings still in many places.




The dusk. :-)


I don't know what this is for, but this HUGE banner was seen as we were roaming around in Sliema area he he...


The vertical white figures on the mast were people graduating from some kind of marine school or something. 


OK, I shall end this here and I'll share some more photos in another post. Let's just hope I don't get sick. Otherwise when you lose a momentum to write, sometimes it's hard to go back to the swing of things.  

4 comments:

  1. Hope your throat gets better soon.
    Loving the photographs. I went to Malta years ago, so it was great to see some kind of familiar places. I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, now I have symptoms of a cold, so I've been staying home and taking it easy. Ah, isn't it nice to look at travel photos and recognize some of those places? :-D

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, yes take it easy and try and get on top of things.
    Yeah and it's brought back happy memories as well - me, mum, dad, my brother, my nan and grandad all visited Malta together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh...I'm so pleased to hear that you've got fond memories of that trip. How lovely to go on a trip together like that! I never went anywhere with my grandparents (one grandpa died way before my time and the other one died when I was so young).

      Delete