Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Two Birds and A Butterfly

Last Sunday was a gorgeous day. It went up to around 26'C with a cool breeze. We did some yard work and I cleared up some space in the outer shed so that we'd have more space to put some stuff inside. Then I spotted two birds and a butterfly, so I ran inside to get my camera and managed to take these shots:

Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the bird ha ha ha ha...when I find out, I'll let you know. 

Updated: OK, so these birds are called "White Wagtail" or "Västäräkki" in Finnish. They do wag their tails up and down in a funny way LOL!





I wanted to take more pics of this gorgeous butterfly, but it flew away before I could take another shot. The second shot I took was a failure 'coz I was a millisecond too late in pressing the button LOL!!! But at least this photo is rather clear in showing the colours of the wings, no?

If you wonder why the birds looked as though they were up on the roof, but then you could see grass right beside them, that was 'coz the roof was on our grass HA HA HA HA HA...We're almost done with our roof renovation. The only things needed to be done can only be done later on 'coz the guy who does those things is on a holiday. Well, at least we have a new roof already and we hope it'll withstand the thick layers of snow for a LOOOONNNGGG time. 

Now the only thing we need to wait (other than the guy to finish up the renovation) is the bill HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...Bye bye savings!!! At least the money's put too good use 'coz having a good roof is important.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I ever see that bird in here. Beautiful bird and you did make a great shot, Amel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty bird. Unusual colour.
    It's hard capturing birds and butterflies but you done a great job.

    ReplyDelete