Friday, November 29, 2013

35th Birthday

Today is my 35th birthday. When I woke up, I was greeted by the gorgeous pink sky outside as the sun was starting to rise (yeah, I woke up late because today was my free day LOL!!!). 


glitter-graphics.com

Today I just want to be thankful for these things:

- For this breath that I still have. The gift of life. 

- My husband. When I was preparing to marry him, I thought that I was sure that he was the one for me. What I knew then deep down in my heart versus what I know now shows me that my choice was right - my faith in us back then was blind, but now I've seen the proofs and what I see is far more beautiful than what I could have known then. The longer I live with him, the surer I am that he is definitely the one for me and the more thankful I am to have him by my side. Just by being himself, he makes me feel like I'm the best version of myself. He helps me be the best version of myself. And it helps a lot to be accepted and loved just the way I am - even when I'm cranky, even when I make mistakes, even when I'm obsessed with some things, even when I'm having my PMS. 

Honey, marrying you is one of the BEST decisions ever in my entire life. Each day spent with you is a day full of fun, laughter, love, and tenderness. I just hope and pray that God will keep us hand-in-hand and heart-to-heart until death do us part - and I hope that He will give us plenty of time together still on earth because I want to grow old and I want to grow together with you. I cherish you and I still want you even after all these years.

- My parents. For letting me make my own mistakes, for trusting me to make my own decisions, for never nagging me to come visit, for never making me feel guilty for anything (either deliberately or not), for loving me without choking the life out of me, for letting me be my own person and letting me choose my own path.

- My mother-in-law. Thank you for accepting me into the family with such warmth and love, for teaching me things tenderly and patiently, for never criticizing me, for supporting me and for your constant appreciation. I couldn't have asked for a better mother-in-law.

- Friends - old ones, new ones, online friends. I'd especially like to thank my blogger friends and new online friends here. Even though most of us have never met, but you've supported me and showed me your love and compassion and I'm very thankful for that. And all the friends I've met either online or in real life have taught me so many things and inspired me in many different ways.

- My boss and coworkers. Thankful that I'm accepted in the team without being treated differently, that I still have a job despite the tough economy. 

- My kind customers. I've talked to some people about this and they all confirmed that there are so many nice and kind customers here in this village and I'm thankful for that. When I first started work, I made so many mistakes, but none of them said anything harsh to me. They reminded me of my mistakes tenderly and over time they've forgiven my other mistakes and they have also shown appreciation towards me and I'm forever grateful for that. 

- Infertility. Infertility has taught me so many things that I wouldn't have learned otherwise and it has also allowed me to meet so many lovely ladies that I wouldn't have met otherwise. I'm thankful for the many lessons and the gift of new friends that infertility brings. 


glitter-graphics.com

OK, now I've finished the list, so it's time to enjoy my mud cake topped with berries. :-D 

7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday ! Hope you enjoyed your day; it's great sleeping in, isn't it ? :) I took a deep breath when you were thankful for the last one. It's hard to endure hardships and be thankful for it. It's so much easier to be upset about it, and wish it didn't ever happen to us.
    Wishing you many more birthdays !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKKKKSSS, Vince! I had a nice day at home. :-) When I was in the midst of my worst period of infertility hardship, it was close to impossible to be thankful for it...now that I'm a few years ahead, it's easier to do so. :-)

      Delete
  2. dear Amel,
    Happy Birthday!!!
    lots of love,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS, Klara! I always love seeing your smiley sun icon. :-D

      Delete
  3. Hope you had a happy birthday. With lots to be thankful for. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy bday, Amel. From all of us in here. Sorry, little bit late.

    ReplyDelete