Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Movie Recommendation: The Good, The Bad, The Weird

We saw this Korean movie the other day and it was funny, though definitely not for children he he...It's an Oriental Western (cowboy) movie. In the beginning it was a bit confusing as I thought the location was Korea and there were people speaking Chinese, Korean, and Japanese. Turned out the location is Manchuria. It's funny because my husband can't distinguish the three languages, but I grew up watching Chinese series and Japanese anime on VHS and then Korean series started booming on TV, so even though I don't understand the languages, I can more or less tell which is which. 

Anyway, The Weird dude in the movie is the one who's making things so funny. And then when I checked him out online, I realized that he was in Snowpiercer as well. Snowpiercer is quite a movie, but it's kinda dark as it depicts a dystopian world. In the beginning of Snowpiercer, I almost didn't recognize Chris Evans (Captain America) as the main character there, but I think the one that really plays her part so brilliantly is Tilda Swinton. Man, she really rocked her role there!

But I digress. The Good, The Bad, The Weird is very entertaining and there are a lot of stunning scenes other than the many funny bits and the lively action. Word of warning: the ending of the movie came after a few seconds of empty (black) screen, so make sure to watch it until the end.

Here's the trailer: 


No comments:

Post a Comment