Saturday, August 30, 2014

The Sound of Waves

They were getting ready for bed and he was fumbling for his mobile phone. He let out a curse, seemingly to have trouble with something on his phone.

She asked, "What's wrong?"

"I need to change my morning alarm sound."

"Oh, why's that?"

"Your sleeping sound has kept me awake."

"My sleeping sound?" she asked, confused.

"Yes, you know that I've been using the sounds of waves to wake me up in the morning and lately your breathing during sleep sometimes resembles the sounds of waves on my mobile phone. So just like last night, I thought I heard the waves, so I woke up and then realized it was your breathing. Went back to sleep and then after a while I woke up again to the sound of the waves, but I realized it was still your breathing."

"Oh my, no wonder you've been tired. Why did you pick that particular sound in the first place then?"

"Because it's the least noisy one. Now I've changed it to the sound of birds chirping."

She laughed. "But what if I end up making sounds like birds chirping in my sleep then?"

"Then I'll just have to change it again."  

"Fair enough," she replied.  



glitter-graphics.com

2 comments:

  1. in a very good relationship sometimes there needs to be an adjustment here and there

    ReplyDelete