Monday, May 14, 2012

Air Balloon Ride

Over a decade ago (16 years ago to be exact) I wrote a dream list on places to visit and things to do. About a week ago when we were browsing on places to visit for our summer holiday, I saw an ad about an air balloon ride and it reminded me of my dream list. Air balloon ride is on the list and that's been kept at the back of my mind until I saw the ad.

Funny thing was that on the list, I also saw "a husband - nice and gentle" HA HA HA HA HA HA...and I guess that has come true.*GRIN*

Another dream that's come true is watching a ballet performance. The first time I visited Finland in 2004, I told my friend who lived in Helsinki (I spent some nights at her place) that I was interested in watching a ballet performance, so she booked two tickets for herself and me. It was quite an experience - watching a ballet performance. I must say that I don't really understand classic ballet, but I liked the modern version of ballet better (there were two parts of the ballet acts that we saw). And it was surreal to hear the tock-tock of the shoes on the stage. They were loud!!!

Anyway, back to my air balloon ride dream. Not sure yet if I'm going to be able to make it come true, but right now I need to find out some things first 'coz a friend of mine did such a thing once and she said that the box was pretty high (I'm only 145 cm, you see) and it won't be fun not being able to see anything much. And what's more, I need to save money for this first 'coz it's not going to be cheap he he he he...


3 comments:

  1. I've never been up in a hot-air balloon either! It seems like it would be wonderful, though you'd want to do it during the summer (can you imagine how cold it would be up there otherwise?!)

    You're only 145cm tall? Somehow you look taller in your photos! I feel like a bit of a giant in comparison (I'm almost 175cm!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Katriina: Actually many sites say that you can do it in winter, as well and 'coz of the burner up there, it will actually get warmer in winter than the actual temperature, but naturally we're planning on doing it on our summer holiday. :-D

    Yeah, I'm a tiny woman ha ha ha...you'll definitely tower next to me. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete