Sunday, February 17, 2013

I've Done It: FB Deactivation!

Yep, yesterday I've finally decided to deactivate my FB account for a while. I've had a long love-and-hate relationship with it and this time it's all piled up and I feel exhausted and confused. There were days when I asked myself, "What exactly am I doing here?" And lately I've felt out of focus easily as well, so the blaring sirens I've been hearing in my head has been getting way too loud for me to ignore.


I didn't want to log off and opt out of any notifications 'coz I'd been rather active in FB for the past few years. During our longer holidays when I did that, when we came back home I got swamped with all the notifications and messages there. And I also wanted to avoid not responding to important messages or invitations that some people may leave in my FB message box by logging off (because they didn't know that I was on an FB holiday). So this time I need a proper holiday from it all. I want to recharge and rethink of what I want to use FB for. I need to relearn to focus properly on one thing at a time instead of skipping from page to page. 

I figured that if people really want to reach out to me, they can reach me through my email and blogs instead. Those who don't know my blogs or emails are those that don't know me that well. 

So here's to recharging!!! :-D



glitter-graphics.com

10 comments:

  1. Oh whew! I was like "whoa, did I do something wrong" when I saw you wasn't on FB (we *just* became FB friends there.)

    Yeah, I know several folks who had deactiviated FB for the same reason, feeling chained to FB. Me, I don't feel I have the problem- but then I'm not close to technology (chuckle- I had just talked about this with a friend yesterday!). And hey, I don't have your email,so I can't bug you. I wonder if that's good or bad. ;)

    Have fun recharging!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that was why I sent you this post link 'coz it's too long to explain it to you. If you click on my "View my complete profile" beside the cat pic on any of my blogs, you'll be able to click on "Email Me" and find out my email addy. :-D

      It's not just the feeling of being chained, you know? It's more of the chaotic inner world brought about by FB (perhaps one reason is 'coz I have plenty of spare time to think about my motives, etc.) and another reason is that I'm still figuring out what I want to use FB for.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes I tired too with FB :D but for me mostly for business. I have 2 account FB remimber. But I rarely actif on my FB personal than my business account hi hihi...

    Yep...Blog is the best :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know FB is good for business! :-D

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. THANKS, Piot. A HUGE burden was lifted right after I deactivated FB, believe it or not. Phew!!!

      Delete
  4. Hey Amel,

    Well, I support you. Each time I want to contact you, I usually do it by email anyway so...no problem :D.
    Here's to a new phase in your life *raising my cup of tea*!.

    I like the knew template (and I am not having issues with this one - remember when I reported to you, again via email, the issues I was having with the previous one?) - your place is looking great!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS, Max and cheers to you too! :-D

      Yeah, the new template is easier to handle ha ha...yep, I remember the trouble I had with the old one. :-) THANKS for your help then and glad you enjoy this template! :-)

      Delete
  5. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to do the same thing in the last few weeks! The problems is that I'm now in an online Finnish course, and the teacher uses Facebook to inform us of certain class-related things. After the course ends in April, I may follow your lead and deactivate. :)

    Anyway, good for you! We all need to "unplug" sometimes. I'm glad that I have your contact info so that you're never too far, despite not being on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, unplugging is really crucial at the moment. I was going nuts back then and I just had to do something about it. :-)

      GOOD LUCK in unplugging later then! :-)

      Delete