Been out of the radar for a while 'coz been busy with work and also other stuff. I have so many things to talk about but it's hard to separate them in specific posts, so I'm just gonna ramble on in this post ha ha ha ha...
1. We've booked the plane tickets to go back to Indo this autumn. The only problem is that I still don't know for sure yet if I'm gonna get the extra holiday weeks that I've asked at work or not, but I pray and hope that they'll give me the extra time off (there've been some complications at work concerning summer holiday so we get news about it really late). We didn't want to wait too long to book the tickets for fear that the ticket prices would go up, esp. 'coz we're leaving together. *cross my fingers*
Can't wait to meet my family and eat all the glorious food in Indo!!!!!! :-D :-D :-D (I can't jump up and down in joy fully yet until I get news about the headquarter's approval on my extra weeks off, but I'm EXCITED already!!!)
2. Yesterday got news that my FIL has got a place in the old people's home, so he can be transferred there soon from the hospital. His condition changes every day. Sometimes his memory and physical condition look better one day, but the next day they become worse.
The point is that MIL can't take care of him anymore at home 'coz now they need two people to help him walk. MIL says that it's really hard to let go 'coz she really wants to take care of him at home, so keep on praying for MIL for peace of mind and comfort, please...THANKS!!!
3. Humans are really interesting. After talking to some people, I realized that some people may not ever be angry at God no matter what happens to them - instead they feel guilty if something wrong happens 'coz they think that they've done something to deserve it.
Some others may not feel angry at God ever 'coz they feel that it's "inappropriate".
Some others may feel angry at God without any reservation. Though they may feel guilt, too, but the guilt vanishes more quickly than the anger.
I wonder how different personality types and upbringing affect these different emotional responses. :-)))
4. I'm still surprised that even yesterday one customer still asked me where I had been. I think it's probably 'coz we hadn't been in the same place at the same time after my Budapest holiday (maybe I was in the office when he came by the store or something like that). He said he was wondering if I had gone back home to Indo, but I said I'd only go back there in autumn.
It's REALLY heartwarming to know that my existence there was "missed" and I TRULY appreciate their saying it to me directly. :-D
5. Just wanna share some C.S. Lewis quotes:
"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one."
"Pain insists upon being attended to. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our consciences, but shouts in our pains. It is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world."
"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."