Friday, August 15, 2008

Bits and Pieces

Hey, guys!

I've been tired this week, so every time I come back home, all I want to do is SLEEP!!! The past few days were the worst as I could take a nap for 3 straight hours ha ha ha ha...and yet I still woke up tired in the morning.

Anyway, I haven't been writing about my trainings lately. Here are some more tidbits:

1. Two Finnish guys who came at different times actually thought I was a Japanese girl ha ha ha ha...One of them asked me what the Japanese word for "thank you" hi hi hi...

2. In the office we have a visitor book. In the book we have to guess the visitors' nationality. The first week I had my training, on the busiest day there were 96 visitors in a day (normally around 50-60 people). However, the number has dwindled considerably, since this week regularly there are only about 30 visitors.

3. A German couple came over today to ask for a person's address. The person used to work in the local tourist office. Apparently that person had made such a WONDERFUL impact on that couple. They came here to Sodankylä years and years back, since the first thing the woman said when she came over was, "Oh, my, you've got a new office now!"

Fortunately my senior was there, so he could help them locate that person who used to work at the office. The German couple thanked him VERY much he he he he...I hope they have a FUN meeting!

Speaking of making a difference through your work, I remember when I visited Singapore in 2000 with my Aussie friend. We went to a shopping mall and found a tourist info office there and the guy who was there was VERY professional. I was TOTALLY impressed (still am!) with the amount of information he gave us. He must've spoken to us for about 45 minutes. First he asked us where we came from and then he asked how long we were going to be there.

Then he gave us plenty of suggestions on what places to visit, WHEN would be the best time to visit them, and he even pointed to us all the cheap shopping places! MARVELOUS!!! I felt SO glad that we dropped by at the office. It was SO satisfactory!!!

Quite an inspiration for me!!! :-)))

Okie dokie...I'll blog-hop tomorrow, OK? I'm just going to relax right now and enjoy comics hi hi hi hi hi...Have a BEAUTIFUL weekend, friends! ;-D




If you get up one more time than you fall, you will make it through.
- Chinese Proverb

The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire.
- Ferdinand Foch

5 comments:

  1. if i take a nap. i will not sleep at night :((

    i also lazy blogging this week. i watch korean drama serial. wow...HOT story and hot actor hi hi hi hi.. ganteng mbok :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. did the germany couple speak english? On my experience they speak rarely english :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They came to look for him after years? Wow, I love those sorts of stories, in the end the world becomes so small it's scary... Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jul: He he he he...you REALLY love Korean dramas, eh? ;-D Enjoy the handsome actors then he he...

    Jeanne: Yes, they speak English. Almost every German tourist speaks English. ;-D

    Bitter Chocolate: Yes, after so many years they came back to look for him/her he he he...;-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you describe life, even the simplest things. It makes me feel like you always have a smile on your face when you write those words! A warm smile :)

    Hugs,
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete