Saturday, May 25, 2013

Back from Kuusamo!

Hubby and I went for a week trip to Kuusamo (about 3 hours away by car to the south from here). We rented a cabin 'coz we found a good price for it and we just relaxed a lot during the week. That's also one reason why I haven't been blogging or blog-hopping too much. We did bring a laptop with us this time, but I didn't want to spend too much time online.

It was 24'C when we arrived there last Saturday and it was also around 24'C on Sunday. During the week the temperature went down to around 15'C during the day with some cool wind and it got colder during the night, but the sun was shining almost the entire week. :-D Friday morning was cloudy, but it got sunny during the evening (it went up to 18'C even in the evening). Now we're back in Sodankylä and its 20'C and cloudy. Not bad! :-D


Here are some photos that I took. The surrounding area of the cabin. We went for a walk around the area...







R2 watching some geese from afar...


A closer pic of one of the geese. :-D


A pic of me bowling. Photo taken without flash. Because we went in there at around 7 pm, they turned off the lights and then went for a bowling with bowling pins that glowed in the dark. Dunno what it's called in English, but it's called "hohtokeilaus" in Finnish. My first time bowling ever ha ha ha ha ha...


A sneak peek for the rescue centre that we visited (I'll write another post for it along with the video clips). The caretaker feeding a bear...


And a pic of a sleepy fox named Mikko. :-D Ain't he gorgeous? The caretaker said that they fed him lots of reindeer bones and salmon.





A pic of a reindeer and its youngling. It just so happened that two reindeer fawns were born the day before we visited the place he he...I didn't take a pic of the lynx, 'coz I thought it was better to take a video clip of it (couldn't get closer to the cage due to safety reasons).




OK, I'll go unpack now and cook and stuff. Lots of things to do still, but thankfully I still have another week of holiday to go he he he he he he...

4 comments:

  1. Those are some beautiful outdoor scenes ! Looks like you had a great time. I wouldn't have spent much time on the laptop w/ so much to do on vacation.
    the picture of you bowling makes me laugh b/c I'm a lousy bowler. The 1st time I bowled, one of the people in my group said, "You have the touch of a rock." which was absolutely true. I think the best I've ever done was 110 which isn't that good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was lovely indeed being surrounded by nature. :-) I'm also a lousy bowler, trust me ha ha ha ha ha ha...

      Delete
  2. wow....gorgeous place,Amel. I really hope can visit Finland someday :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning pictures. Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete