Monday, March 26, 2012

Language Mix-Up: Plum

Usually in our household, the one making pancakes is hubby but this time I wanted to do it by myself. I started doing it while hubby was having dinner, but when he saw what I was about to do, he said I was doing it the wrong way. 

I asked him why there should be any specific order? Would it make a difference at all?

He said, "If you're doing it in the wrong order, the pancakes will get plum."
 

I was really confused, so I asked again, "Did you just say plum?"

He said, "Yeah, they'll get plum."

I asked back, "Plum? Luumu?" (Luumu is the Finnish word for plum)

Then he realized his mistake and he said, "Lumpyyyyy!!!"

I couldn't help laughing out loud HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...OK, now I should start cooking the chocolate pancakes slice by slice! :-D

4 comments:

  1. With me, always mix up language. Aku jago-nya :D satu kalimat bisa dalam bahasa belanda and english hi hi hi...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Juliana: Aku dikasih tau temenku kalo bilingual tuh mendingan satu kalimat Bld, trus kalimat berikut English biar ga jadi gado-gado...jadi aku juga selalu berusaha kalo mo ngomong in English yah satu kalimat komplit in English, kecuali kalo ada istilah yang aku lupa he he...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get a Tupperware QUICKSHAKE Amel! :D No problem....no luumu, no lumps, no plums.... :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mrs. Rainbow: I don't think it's big enough for the amount of liquid dough that we usually make he he...

    ReplyDelete