Friday, March 29, 2013

My Quirks

As an introvert whose battery gets charged when I can have my "me time" (staying away from crowd/people/human interaction), ever since I've gotten to know so many faces in this small village through my job, whenever I get out these days I have to keep my eyes more open 'coz the village's downtown is a small place and I'm bound to meet at least a few of my regular customers. That means I should be ready to smile and say hi and sometimes even chit-chat with them.***

On normal days I enjoy doing that, but on days when I want to recharge, I avoid interacting with other people as much as I can (the only exceptions are hubby, MIL, BIL and SIL). On those "abnormal" days, I prefer staying home or I'd take the shortest route to the supermarket to avoid meeting too many familiar faces. Meeting new people too often has always drained me. I remember that one relative of mine was worried that I'd never get married 'coz I worked from home a lot during the years when I only worked as a book translator LOL!!! He suggested to my parents to encourage me to be active at church (join a church activity group or something), even though I felt perfectly fine with my life and my limited number of friends/human interaction LOL!!!

I'm glad that I enjoy being home and that R2 enjoys being home, as well. In summer it's nice to sit outside in the garden swing, sunbathe while reading a book without having to interact too much with other people on my "abnormal" days. In winter I prefer exercising inside the house. I'm also glad that R2 and I enjoy being together at home and that we get along well. Otherwise where else would my safe haven be on those "abnormal" days? LOL!!!

*** This reminds me of sometime last week when I went to a supermarket and then an old lady chatted me up about my family etc. It was nice 'coz I don't remember having chatted with her at work before, but she did recognize me 'coz of my work. And the perk of having my job is that people who know my job are more willing to talk to me despite my foreign face. :-D

Anyway, I found this AWESOME video clip accidentally last night and I'd love sharing it with you. Here's the description of the video clip: "Fran & Marlo Cowan (married 62 years in 2008 when this was taken) playing impromptu recital together in the atrium of the Mayo Clinic."
 

4 comments:

  1. I recharge myself when Matthew take a nap everyday. But later if Matthew doesn't take a nap anymore, I think I recharge myself when Matthew sit at school :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a GREAT plan, Jul! :-) You delegate time very well. :-)

      Delete
  2. I am a firm believer in 'me' time. Interacting is all very well and nice sometimes, but I crave being by myself sometimes and doing things I want to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's good to be able to take some "me time", eh? :-D To balance yourself and your life.

      Delete