Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Daydreams: A Blast from An Old Post

I was just browsing through some old posts and I found out that this time 4 years ago (before my Finnish was still pretty basic), I wrote some daydreams.

In the post, I wrote about 10 years from then (which would be 2017), but why not talk about some of it now already?

1. Ability to communicate pretty well with my in-laws? Check.

2. Kids? Nope. Scratch that. Doesn't matter anymore. Two is a complete family. ---> Daydream change.

3. Finnish citizenship? Check.

4. Living in a bigger apartment? We have our own house now (which is beyond belief 'coz I didn't even dare dream of having our own house). HALLELUJAH!!!



5. Steady income? THANK GOD for His amazing ways in closing the door towards doing any more training and opening this door for me to get a permanent job (any foreigner living here would attest to how difficult it is to get a permanent job in this village). His perfect timing is just simply unfathomable - life is to be understood backwards is an understatement!!! :-D

6. Visiting my parents at least once? Check. In fact, I've visited my parents THREE times since then (R2 has come with me twice to Indo).

7. Growing book collection? Check. (At that time I only brought 12 books with me from Indo from my own book collection and now I have dozens and dozens of 'em)

8. Wonderful relationship with hubby? Check - it's a lifetime process, so I can only try to do my best, though I have to say that infertility has brought us closer together instead of ripping us apart and I'm OH SO glad we're always on the same page concerning our infertility journey. :-D

9. Feeding my inner child, staying positive and enthusiastic, cherishing the good things in life, counting my blessings? Lifetime process, but I think I haven't fallen out of this course he he...


10. Still have blogging friends and still have time to blog? Check.

11. Spreading sunshine and laughter? Lifetime process again, but I also think I haven't fallen out of this course, either. :-D

Conclusion: You can't always get what you want in life, but sometimes in other aspects of life, you get even MORE than you "deserve" or dream of and there are times when you have to change your daydreams. Blessings have been pouring out to our lives in ways that we could never have imagined...and all praise belongs to God.

HALLELUJAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

2 comments:

  1. :D Nice blog Amel! :D ...and YEP.. I can certainly attest about the fact of getting a permanent job in this village!

    You are a nice person Amel... you deserve it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mrs. Rainbow: AWWWW...THANKS A LOT, Michelle! You also DESERVE all the nice things in life and you surely don't deserve some of the things you've experienced...but as you say, things happen for a reason, so anyhow...wish you all BEAUTIFUL surprises along the way!!! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete