Monday, March 02, 2009

Rather Deflated

Today I made a mistake at work. In my attempt to be proactive, I didn't recheck what I was doing and thus the mistake happened. I don't think it's THAT fatal, but still what made it worse was when I was asked whether I had done something else (read: another mistake). I said that I didn't do that mistake. I know that I was asked that question 'coz they wanted to find out who the culprit was, but still it makes me feel sad.

In my frantic state, I didn't even understand one question, even though it was repeated a few times VERY SLOWLY. In the end, since I still didn't understand, it was rephrased into English and only then I understood what was being asked.

Boy oh boy...today is definitely not a good day to boost up my confidence. But I'm going to leave all negative feelings here in the blogosphere and start a new day tomorrow with a clean slate instead of a broken spirit.

GAMBATTE KUDASAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!


Today makes me feel GLAD that I don't get any salary from them, 'coz at least it eases my mind a bit. Phew!!! And please don't tell me that I shouldn't be too hard on myself since you don't even know what I have done. I just want to throw all negativity out and get it over with so that I'm not carrying it around. I'm NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT going to curse myself over this!!!

Cheers for a better tomorrow!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I am coming round right now then, to smack your bum! :D Smacketty smack! LOL...

    I've made PLENTY too..but it is how we learn...

    They still love you! So do I!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amel,

    It is normal to make mistakes...I have made so many of them when I started by present jobs, that you wouldn't believe. And I think we have all been there and done that...so we all know what you are going through.

    However, spit it all out and feel good afterwards! :D

    Big hug and kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're all human, we all make mistakes, but we can learn from them.

    I hope you're feeling better now. Try not to dwell on it, tomorrow is another day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am reading a book called "Every mistake in the book. A Business How Not to". The author says he hardly learned anything while he was successful but all his lessons were learned through the many mistakes he had made along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha what a coincidence, me too!

    Now I'm depressed. But considering that life's too short too worry, it helps me to life my spirit.

    ReplyDelete