Monday, October 05, 2009

My Cup Runneth Over

Today I woke up at around 10 am and opened the window blinds and voila!!! First snowwwww has come early this year. If I remember correctly, last year it came at the end of October. It felt MAGNIFICENT to see snow, though I know it'll melt away soon as the day temperature is still above 0'C, but still he he he...

Yesterday I had to work, but when I came back home, I realized that hubby had washed all the dishes AND made pancakes. Plus I had called from work and asked him to bake some french fries and hamburger (I was craving for it), so when I arrived home, the smell of hot food and pancakes greeted me...oh, and of course a clean kitchen HO HO HO HO HO HO...

On top of that, the cabin trip was...FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a chance to see amazing views of nature plus some more squirrels in action from about a metre away from me. Then I guess 'coz we're about to be apart for 4 weeks soon enough, R2 hugged me SO tightly - the kind of hug that he gave me when we met for the first time and we knew we had to be apart again. Yep, that kind of hug. ME LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Plus I got to give my MIL something and she loved it, too...in return she gave me some flowers HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE...So, can you see why I'm THIS happy? ;-D Besides, I only have 10 days of work left at the hotel and then I'm free to focus on packing and preparing myself to go back to Indo HO HO HO HO HO HO HO...

Ahem...OK OK...let me share the pics with you then he he...

When R2 went to the cabin to warm it up, I went along with him 'coz it was sunset time and I wanted to take pics of the lake. Here they are...




Oh how I wish you could see it yourself...the golden ripples on the lake water...amazing sight!!!
At that moment, nothing else seemed to matter. Time seemed to have stopped and all you want to do is cherish the moment that draws you closer to the realization that God has indeed made such magnificent creations...mmmm...

If you look carefully, you'll notice that a part of the lake water has turned to ice. Here's a zoomed in pic of the icy water:


Zooming in on the other side of the lake:


Then when I walked back to my in-laws' place after the sun set, I saw a full moon!!! :-D I took many pics of the moon but I think this one is the best one he he...


After we went to sleep in the cabin, I woke up at around 6.30 am to pee in the toilet outside and then I wanted to take pics of the lake behind the cabin.


Then I realized that the sun was about to rise...and WOWIE...look at these pics!!! I stayed outside for about 10-15 minutes...waiting for the sun to actually rise, but then clouds covered it up, so I went back inside to sleep. But still the time I spent outside in the cold was SO worthwhile!!!!! :-D :-D :-D





Here's a video clip I took so that you can see how vast the lake is...if you have fast internet account, better click on this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mppXYlNwl8 and choose HD to enjoy a better view.



And on Saturday as we went back to my in-laws', I saw a cute squirrel (or two? I'm not sure if they are the same or not 'coz my BIL said he saw THREE of them outside the yard the other day) and took some pics and a video clip of it.

In this below pic, my MIL tried to give it some bread he he he...



This time the squirrel jumped onto my in-laws' bird feeder and ate from up there hi hi hi...



Here's a video clip of the squirrel on the bird feeder: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlRA1M8442w


8 comments:

  1. Hi Amel, these are beautiful nature photos. I love the way you took the sunset with the tree frames. The silouttes sooo romantic to view.

    It's been long since my last visit..hopefully all is well with you and your hubby.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG....all beatiful shots, Amel. First snow??? I hope this year, we have snow in here hi hi hi...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow?! autch! It's great you're so positive about the new season!
    Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Amel! Love all those pix. *as always* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Amel,

    :D

    Snow is already there? It must look gorgeous! Here it is raining although it is hot like hell.

    Anyway, your hubby is adorable indeed: you were blessed!
    Girl, I absolutely loved the pictures: wow! The warm sunset is soothing; and that chilly sunrise is magical, simply magical!
    You live in a great place, gorgeous: praised be the Lord :D!

    This time I wasn't that worried about your family in Indo, because I know that the earthquake was not on the same Island they live; but still I prayed that they'd be all right (cause it must have been quite a fright, eh?)!

    Girl, have a great week!!

    Hugs and cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. You lucky girl!! To live amongst such beautiful scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mel.. mo mudik ya? Ketemuan lhooo ntar... Gua ke Bandung deh atau lu ke jkt?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What amazing pictures!
    You do live in a beautiful part of the world.

    ReplyDelete