The other day Shan wrote in a comment that he was wondering why I could manage to stay happy. He jokingly asked if that was partly because of my hubby. Well, first of all, it's IMPOSSIBLE for any person to make somebody else happy 24/7 every day of their lives. Secondly, there haven't been any bad situations in my life (yet, hopefully never HA HA)...and thus it's easier to stay happy. Thirdly, it's not that I never feel unhappy or sad or angry or disappointed.
It's okay to be sad. It's okay to feel sorrow. It's okay to feel bad every now and then. It's okay to feel angry. It's okay to feel disappointed. Hey, life isn't constant and nobody's perfect! We're only humans, not robots. You're bound to feel all those sort of emotions, especially when a tragedy strikes unexpectedly.
What's not okay is to wallow in those emotions and let yourself pity yourself or let yourself become so engulfed in emotions that turn you into a negative, bitter, angry person. I know it's easier said than done, but one can only try and I'm determined to try my best in doing so. :-))))
Of course it gets tough to stay happy when my PMS strikes or when I lack sleep (I get cranky when I lack sleep and I CAN be "bitchy" too), but let's share with one another some happiness tips, shall we? I know that you all know what I'm going to share already, but I'm going to write them down to remind myself of the tips to be happy he he he he...
You can write them down in your own posts or in my comment section of this post. Either way it's fine, but I LOVE the blogosphere since we can learn SO MUCH from one another and we can keep reminding one another about making a difference in this world. :-)))
OK, without further ado, here're some tips from me:
1. Accepting the things we can't change (AKA surrendering to God and believing that He knows best whatever comes our way even when we don't understand it),
2. Having the courage to change the things we can change (AKA we have to do our own part and not just surrender to God without doing anything and finding out what bad habits or mistakes we should change),
3. Remembering to count your blessings every single day AND soak them all in and NOT taking anything small for granted ('coz it'll make you feel like the world is singing with you),
4. Accepting yourself as you really are and being able to forgive others and yourself,
5. Being able to understand that God's grace is beyond our imperfections (AKA knowing our worth in God and believing that we CAN make a difference through Him that strengthens us AKA not giving up on ourselves and beating ourselves up),
6. Not taking life too seriously and not taking other people's words too seriously and NOT taking yourself too seriously,
7. Expect less and give more,
8. And knowing that each day you're in charge of your own actions and reactions towards your circumstances instead of letting circumstances determine your actions and reactions.
Well, that's all I can remember for now he he he...Come on now, people, share with me some of your wisdom! ;-D