Friday, May 16, 2008

Arktikum and Santa Park

Had fun in Arktikum and Santa Park with my classmates and teacher today. There were only 4 of us coming since the trainee got sick, so she didn't come with us. Thus I didn't try buying any Chinese food since I didn't know which one would be good enough to taste he he he...Never mind that, though, since after all I'm going back to Indo and I'll have PLENTY of Asian food later. Yum yum...

I'd actually been wanting to go to Arktikum for a while now, but I knew Arttu wouldn't be interested in going. That's why this course is VERY useful for me since it's also teaching us the cultural parts of Finland (as well as taking me to touristy places HA HA HA HA...). Plus the best part of all is that we didn't have to pay any entrance fee tickets HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO...

The bad thing about the trip today was that we weren't allowed to take any pics inside the many interesting exhibitions in Arktikum, but it was a VERY interesting place to be. At least that's what I think. I've never seen such an interesting museum with many different interesting exhibitions. If you want to visit Rovaniemi, make sure you go to Arktikum, will you? HE HE HE HE HE...

I was fascinated by some exhibitions where I could watch a short movie on Finnish pics and where I could see imitations of real-size bears, reindeer, ringed seal, and different animals that looked SO real. We could also listen to different types of animals' sounds by pressing a button he he he...That was FUN!!! ;-D

Here are some pics of the building...




Below is a picture of me and our teacher. :-D


Below is a pic of me with the skin of a ringed seal.


I really like the rooftop of Arktikum HE HE HE HE HE...



Then we went downtown to browse around the stores there. We split up and met again at a specified place two hours later. Oh, almost forgot, before we split up, our teacher, me, and the French guy had lunch at a cafe in a mall. Funny thing was that when we asked how much it cost to have lunch there, we were told that the price would depend on how much we took in grams. The price included the buffet lunch (there were 5 types of food to pick) and or salad and water or milk.

Mine cost around €6.25 in total, which wasn't too bad. After all, it would be even worse if we had to pay around €8 (the usual price for lunch buffet) and I couldn't even eat that much he he he...This way I only paid as much as I ate, which was good. ;-D

After that we went to Santa Park and we met Santa himself. But before that, I took some pics around the place he he he...Wonder why we're still dressed warmly? Because in Sodankylä it's around 0'C today and when we arrived in Rovaniemi, it was around 6'C but then it dropped down to around 3'C and then it started snowing. It's also snowing in Sodankylä as I'm typing this he he he...











Then we went inside Santa's Office (in the above pic, I was standing right in front of it) and met Santa. It was quite an interesting place, though we couldn't take any pics with our own cameras inside. However, they did offer a photo service. Yup, this place is really commercialized HA HA HA HA HA...

Santa himself was a pretty funny guy. ;-D We talked for a little while, then we took our pics and then when we got out of his office and went into the souvenir store, we could watch the video of our meeting with Santa HA HA HA HA HA HA...

We could choose a few options to buy the pics. In the end we choose this type of pic (we paid €30 to get 5 exact same pics along with the card), so each of us didn't have to pay too much. *GRIN*





Then the last pic I took was this...I wanted SO BADLY to show my face in Santa's place...unfortunately I was too short LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!! Hubby laughed at me when I told him about this. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR he he he he he he...but I love him anyway HE HE HE HE HE...


So, that's the end of this post. I wonder how everybody's doing, but right now I'm tired, so I think I may blog-hop only tomorrow evening he he he...Hope you'll have a BLESSED weekend, everybody!!!


10 comments:

  1. beautiful pictures .... have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah... you met Santa at Artic! Went to Santa office too! Clay must see this.. Whoo Hoo!! HO HO HO HO HO...

    That first pic, the building is huge and grand.. but no people seen there.. so quite ya!

    I love that indian tent.. cool! What is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trip looked to be fun and I just loved all the pictures.Have a marvelous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeanne: You too!!! ;-D

    Trinity: Yeah, Santa was quite a humorous guy. He kept on joking about having reindeer in Indonesia HA HA HA HA HA...

    The first pic is the Arktikum and yes, it's SO huge. It's so quiet since it's probably a Friday he he he...

    The Indian tent is one of the buildings in Santa Park. I'm not sure what is in there, though HA HA HA HA HA...

    Sindi: Glad you enjoyed the pics! You too, enjoy your weekend! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sure does sound like Christmas all year round! :) I wish I could go there, you know how much I love Christmas and I could imagine the feeling of being there! Wah! So niceee!!! ;D

    The museum sounds interesting too especially the structure of the building. Oh yes! Nice pic of you guys sitting with Santa. ;D So, you ended up being Santa's elf in the last pic hehehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow...your pics is ALL great, Amel. You have wonderful trip :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Choc Mint Girl: Yeah, esp. in Santa Park it does feel like X-mas all year round ha ha ha...

    Wish you could come here one day. Who knows maybe it may just come true? And you can visit me too HE HE HE HE HE HE HE...

    The museum's fairly new. :-))))

    Jul: GLAD you enjoyed them! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a fascinating tour. You look really nice in the Santa picture but your teacher doesn't look so happy. :-)

    That picture of you with standing behind the Santa cut-out is so cute! :-)

    have a nice weekend. We have an extra day off on Monday because it is a Buddhist holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blur Ting: HA HA HA...Our teacher hated that pic since she looked so unhappy there. There was another pic of us, where she was smiling, BUT the other student had her eyes closed, so we decided to print out this pic instead. Our teacher printed out that other pic for herself (a much bigger version of that pic), though he he he...

    Glad you enjoyed the pics! ;-D Ahhh...it's NICE to have an extra day off! Enjoy it!!! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm impressed! You met Santa! So he was a funny guy then?

    I love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete