Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Banana Bread Recipe

Yep, time to share my baking experiments. I browsed LOTS of sites and found this one: Yummy Banana Bread Recipe.

3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cup of flour

No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180'C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.


I actually added rhum into the mixture as somebody who commented in that site said that it would taste better. Then I also added strawberries (we have LOTS of stock of frozen strawberries from my in-law's garden last year), so I actually made banana-strawberry bread. It was tender and moist. SO VERY YUMMY. I brought some for my in-laws and they loved it! :-)))))

Here're the pics...


2 comments:

  1. thank you i am goimg o try today... it looks yummy...

    hello from a french expat in ireland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, lilou!

    THANKS for dropping by. Enjoy your banana bread!!!

    So you're an expat, too? GREAT! Nice to meet you! ;-D

    ReplyDelete