Monday, October 08, 2007

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

I read this post in Choc Mint Girl's blog and I decided to pass the pink penguin. Go here to read her post: Please Pass The Pink Penguin.

Before reading that post, I didn't know that this month is breast cancer awareness month. Nobody in my immediate or extended family has suffered from this disease, but I know how serious it can be, so I'd love to spread this awareness among women.

My aunt had some lumps on her breast a few years back. Gladly she's fine now after an operation and her breasts are still intact. I think for women, it's such a scary thought to find something wrong with our special parts, don't you think so?

Anyway, it'd be great if you'd write a post about this topic and help spread the pink penguin. Besides, I think the pink penguin looks SO cute. ;-D




I think Choc Mint Girl said it well in her comment:

"My aunt'd inspired us to do a regular check-up and not just take it easy before it's too late."

So let's stay healthy and be aware, ladies!!!

7 comments:

  1. Amel's Realm, you are doing a great job by spreading this awareness:
    ...'So let's stay healthy and be aware, ladies!!!'
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surjit: THANK YOU for your support!!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Choc Mint Girl: It's MY pleasure. ;-D After all, I'm a woman, so I should help spread this awareness he he he...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Girl,

    I am also passing the pinguin!
    This is a great cause, and I am glad I can participate :)!

    I see that you haven't gone Pink either *giggle*...you know how I feel about the colour!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Max: Yeah, I saw your latest post, too. Well, I don't even know how to turn pink and it takes too much time to do it he he he...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It feels great to see so many bloggers participating in the Breast Cancer Awareness month! :)

    ReplyDelete