Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Random Stories

1. Went to Lidl today to buy ruispalat for my hubby. He eats ruispalat whenever he has a heavy meal. When I was there, I browsed around as there were always discounted items. I found this discounted bottle of multivitamin. There were two types of them side by side. The left bottle was orange/white, whereas the right one was blue/white. The discounted tag was right above the orange/white bottle, but I was a bit confused as the discounted tag also said the same thing as the non-discounted tag above the blue/white bottle: Moni Multivit. Mineraali. The label on the orange/white bottle was Moni Multivitamiini Mineraali, whereas the label on the blue/white bottle was Moni Vitamiini & Mineraali. However, finally I decided to take the orange/white one as the discounted tag was directly above it. When I paid for the ruispalat and the multivitamin bottle, however, I found out that the multivitamin was at full price.

I pondered upon it a while, but then I came back inside to check on the tag again. I actually don't like claiming for stuff like that 'coz I don't like to be seen as a fussy woman, but I'm on a tight grocery budget and the multivitamin was on a 43% discount and it wasn't exactly cheap without the discount. So I went back to the cashier and she called her supervisor and the supervisor checked it out with me. She was at first also a bit confused, but then she realized that they had put the tag above the wrong bottle, so she gave me the discounted price anyway and gave me back the money. Phew!!!

2. Last weekend my brother-in-law spent a night at our place again. He talked to me about lots of things. It felt SO GOOD to be able to talk in English, even though I knew it was a bit hard for him to have to talk in English. My sister-in-law also took me shopping. Turned out she didn't like shopping that much, so we didn't spend that much time at the stores. However, it was nice to be able to talk to another woman in English. She's a bit taller than me, but still tiny. She said that in northern Finland, since the natives were small people, the stores here sold clothes with smaller sizes, whereas it was harder for her to find smaller sizes in southern Finland. (She lives in Pori, way south from here)

3. Arttu's eldest brother's coming to town with his eldest son this Thursday. Saturday is Arttu's eldest brother's and Dad's birthdays. Yep, they have the same birthdays. I think I'm going to make my famous chocolate pudding with vla (the vla is made of chocolate milk, rhum, 2 egg yolks, and maizena). Arttu LOVES the vla SO MUCH so that he says that he wants the vla WITHOUT the pudding!!! LOL!!!

4. The temperature here can be pretty weird. Yesterday morning when Arttu woke up at 6.45, it was as hot as 28'C. However, an hour later when he was ready to go to work, it dropped down to 20'C. This morning it happened again. It was 26.5'C outside when he woke up, yet when he went to work, it was only around 18'C. Strange but true.

5. Bought some discounted items yesterday at one of the stores here. They are having a big sale (50-70% discount). I found that I had to try on everything before I bought them as the sizes differed SO MUCH depending on the material used and the style. I ended up buying two T-shirts, one tank top, and one 3/4 pants (they all had DIFFERENT sizes). Guess how much I spent for those 4 items? Only €10.75!!!! YEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! ;-D

6. Yesterday and today I got emails from different angels on earth. Words of encouragement. Words of comfort. Words of joy. Just after I got the news from my brother. Now I feel SO warm inside, knowing that God listens to my pleas and tears and He cares about me. Let me just bathe in His love...and truly enjoy the fact that God has sent His Angels to help me.

I'm in a "poetic" mood today, so let me just copy and paste this WONDERFUL poem from this site: Inspiration Peak.


These Are My Wishes For You
Sandra Sturtz Hauss

May you find serenity and tranquility
in a world you may not always understand.

May the pain you have known
and the conflict you have experienced
give you the strength to walk through life
facing each new situation with courage and optimism.

Always know that there are those
whose love and understanding will always be there,
even when you feel most alone.

May a kind word,
a reassuring touch,
and a warm smile
be yours every day of your life,
and may you give these gifts
as well as receive them.

May the teachings of those you admire
become part of you,
so that you may call upon them.

Remember, those whose lives you have touched
and who have touched yours
are always a part of you,
even if the encounters were less than you would have wished.
It is the content of the encounter
that is more important than its form.

May you not become too concerned with material matters,
but instead place immeasurable value
on the goodness in your heart.
Find time in each day to see beauty and love
in the world around you.

Realize that what you feel you lack in one regard
you may be more than compensated for in another.
What you feel you lack in the present
may become one of your strengths in the future.
May you see your future as one filled with promise and possibility.
Learn to view everything as a worthwhile experience.

May you find enough inner strength
to determine your own worth by yourself,
and not be dependent
on another's judgment of your accomplishments.

May you always feel loved.

I just HAVE to share this one as this is SO GOOD, so click here: Letting Go

11 comments:

  1. Wow, great deal on the clothes, and great inspirational poem! You amaze me with all you do. And now I want chocolate :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Vic!!!

    Yep, I was SO happy with what I bought. Btw, they're all kids' or teenage size HA HA HA HA...LOL!!!

    Chocolate is GOOD, especially DARK chocolate!!! ;-D

    THX for the compliment, Vic. ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. May you always feel loved too, Amel; and your pudding recipe sounds amazing. Another great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Barb!!!

    THX for your kind words and for dropping by. ;-)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful poem. Thanks for sharing that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, your chocolate pudding sounds delicious!
    As sweet as the poem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kate: THX for dropping by. Glad you loved the poem. ;-D

    Epi: The pudding is a regular chocolate pudding. However, the vla is actually the pudding sauce he he he he...that's what makes the pudding special hi hi hi...;-D Glad you enjoyed the poem as well. ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you got your discount.

    I've noticed a weird weather thing (to me) here too. It is often warmer at night, even in winter. In Africa the temperatures can drop a lot at night, but here it often gets warmer as the sun sets. Nice, but weird!

    Oh, but it does get cold in the early morning. I know because we drove to London and back once and, being on a tight budget, we slept in the car on the way home. Nooooo. Not even in hot summer! :-O I was FREEZING. and when the sun rose I saw it really was "freezing" - there was ice and frost on the grass outside, but it had been 28 degrees during the day. We both agree we will never do that again.

    oh and - the pudding sauce sounds delicious! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, M!!!

    Yeah, I'm still not used to the weather changes here as well. I have to check the temp. whenever I plan on going out to make sure I'm wearing the right clothes he he he...

    OUCH!!! Freezing in the car is definitely not good. Yeah, I notice that it can get cold as well in the early mornings. Whenever we go to the bars, we came back early in the morning and we were almost always freezing except the last time when the sun was shining he he he...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You+Jul are lucky, ppl there actually enjoy pudding, haha..

    Gone now are the days of pudding and vla making, pudding is nothing special here! :( There are 1001 kind of pudding and vlas here, so I never make them, it's just not special enough. Its doesn't even like the texture of agar*, with or without eggs (with eggs it's smoother).

    They don't like the pisang molen that much either, only several people do, even after I added cheese and chocolate in it.

    If you have marie biscuits (or any biscuits at all), try layering that into the pudding. Just put it at the bottom , fill with half pudding, the biscuits will rise. Let it cool down for an hour before you pour the rest of the pudding (you can reheat it if it already started to stiffen). If the bottom pudding is firm enough, the biscuits will stay in its place, so when you cut it, there will be a cookie layer in the middle hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  11. THX for the tips, Nit!!!

    Arttu doesn't like pudding and their parents don't like pudding that much actually. But Arttu's IN LOVE with the vla/sauce he he he...

    ReplyDelete