Monday, September 10, 2007

Away from Her

Saw Away from Her last Friday while my hubby was gaming at his cousin's. It's a story about a couple who've been together 45 years and then the wife's now suffering from Alzheimer's disease. Some of the scenes really gripped my heart.

Here's the plot summary in IMDB:

A man coping with the institutionalization of his wife because of Alzheimer's disease faces an epiphany when she transfers her affections to another man, Aubrey, a wheel chair-bound mute who also is a patient at the nursing home.


One message that struck me the most from this movie can be summarized in one word:


CHERISH




We should cherish our loved ones since we don't know what may happen next. One of us might get sick or lose our memory. One of us may die first. Life is so short, so keep on cherishing all the good things we have.


Cherish your health before it goes away
Cherish your friends
Cherish your family
Cherish your house
Cherish your bed
Cherish your memory
Cherish every season of life
And take good care of each of them
For you'll never know
When God will take them away from you...

Everything is only lent to us temporarily,
So cherish, cherish, cherish...
And feel blessed!!!


http://www.paintedkiwi.com/tpw-w2406.html

11 comments:

  1. Cherish I will :)

    I have my photos up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cuuuutttteeeeee angel!!!!! I loved it :)!

    That is true, one should always cherish all the moments one has with one's loved ones *nodding*!

    I cherish ever single moment with my family, with my Boo, with my friends, with myself!!!
    This was also beautiful, Amelia :)!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Max: HE HE HE...Yeah, I found it accidentally and thought it'd be COOL to put in this post. ;-D

    You're on a very right track, Max. Keep up the WONDERFUL work! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is something we all need to be reminded of sometimes. Garth Brooks has a song called If Tommorrow Never Comes. Look it up if you don't know the song -- it's pretty good.
    Amel, have you seen that movie called The Notebook?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We always manage to take the ones we love the most, for granted the most as well. It is so important to remember to cherish them...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amel!

    Nice post on cherishing what we have on hand!

    Nice pictures and very appropriate ones indeed you have chosen for your good post!

    Blessings Amel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for such an important reminder. So true.

    I haven't heard of that movie. I might have to check it out.

    Bob

    Every, Every Minute

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seize the day, seize the moment.
    It is easier said than done though.
    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy: YES, YES, I know the song. It's a lovely country song! ;-D And yeah, this movie also reminded me of The Notebook he he he...

    Amber: SO TRUE. We think that our loved ones are gonna stick with us forever, so we tend to do that.

    Karen: THANKS. Glad you enjoyed it. Yeah, I took time to find appropriate images for this post he he he he...gladly I found those two images! ;-D

    Bob: Yeah, go check out the movie then. Glad you enjoyed this post!

    Mother Hen: I know. Every theory's always easier said than done. That's why I love good movies 'coz they remind us of what's more important in life and hopefully at least we can try to do our best to pay more attention to the more and most important things in life. ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely one, Amel.

    Oh yes, we often forget how much we have to cherish and be thankful for. We need lots of reminders!

    and.. I cherish your friendship. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Michelle!

    Yes, YES, we do need reminders since we tend to forget all the lessons we've learnt. That's just what we are he he he...

    I cherish your friendship, too, M!!! ;-D

    ReplyDelete