Monday, January 14, 2008

Chit-Chat about Houses and Gardens

Lots of houses in Finland are furnished with rugs. How about yours? Do you like having rugs in your house? Maybe you like Oriental rugs or Persian rugs? If you do like them, I've found a page with links on how you can take care of them. Here it is: Maintaining Rugs.

Speaking of houses in general, a friend of mine is in the last state of redecorating her house. She needs to buy plenty of house paints and she's gonna get some friends' help, as well. She also has a small garden where she plants flower bulbs and flower seeds in spring. I've seen her garden pictures in summer and it looks WONDERFUL. It reminds me of my mother-in-law's garden and my own mother's garden. It's one of the best feelings in the world when you walk out of your front door and be greeted with the fragrance of the blooming bright-coloured flowers, don't you think so?

I'm looking forward to next summer when I can enjoy all the blooming flowers in my mother-in-law's garden again and pick berries in the woods. Plus maybe this summer we'll get to use the grills outside. It's been years since I last went to a barbecue party. How about you? Do you have a garden and do you barbecue a lot in your garden?

No comments:

Post a Comment