1. Hubby telling me that I'm the best. I think it was the first time that he said it first HE HE HE HE HE...I was pretty surprised to hear it, but it was one of the sweetest things I'd ever heard in my entire life. Mmmmmm...
2. A cashier telling me in Finnish, "Mulla on kaunis nimi." = "You have a beautiful name." How did she know? I paid for my grocery using my debit card HE HE HE HE...I THANKED her for her compliment.
3. Talking to Mom and listening to her wisdom and her laughter. I'm proud to have a mother whom even my closest friends look up to and LIKE. ;-D
4. Mom telling me that Dad was happy when they ate out after church. They changed church recently for some reason (one of the reasons is that this church is closer to our home and the old church no longer had a 9.30 am sermon) and the church leader welcomed them warmly so that Dad was beaming. I guess when you're retired and you have nothing much to do, it's important to feel that you're more than just an existence (just like what I felt when I moved to Finland - gladly blogging has helped me found my place in this new world). So hopefully the new church and their church leaders or members could help Dad find his place, too.
5. Teasing my friend while we were chatting in YM HUA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...
6. Feeling grateful that I can talk about anything with my Mom and she's been a very understanding and supportive person. I can even talk about my choices of birth control with her. GOOOOOOOOOOO, MUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMM!!!!
7. Enjoying being unemployed. No stress, no office politics, no targets to achieve, no deadlines. I know this season of life is only temporary and I'd LOVE to get more income later on, but I'm determined to enjoy my life as it is, not as it should be or could be.