1. Sending a package for my family to my friend in Germany. I also slipped a small souvenir for her, made in Finland. Hope she likes it he he he he...
2. Finding out that I could send the package cheaper by sending it as a maxi letter. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!!!! I saved €20 that way!!!!!!!!!!!
3. The very informative woman who works at the post office. Actually she's one of MC's good friends in Finland. She speaks good English, too. YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!
4. Getting my new English Bible from the post office (I left my English Bible in Indo and brought my Indonesian one), along with C.S. Lewis' "A Grief Observed" that I ordered from the International Church in Helsinki.
5. Giggling uncontrollably when hubby made SUCH A FUNNY face. He's really a clown!!! I couldn't believe he could show such a funny face. Even now while typing and remembering it, I want to burst out laughing HI HI HI HI HI HI...CHEERS to being forever young since I have to live with his sense of humour HI HI HI HI HI HI...
6. Finding plums on sale. Believe it or not, I'd NEVER bought fresh plums before in my life and today was the first time I found them on sale. LUCKY ME!!! ;-D
7. It's Friday. ;-D
8. Hearing birds chirping while walking to the post office this morning. Mmmmm...SO beautiful! ;-D
***** I wrote the above list before I heard the news about my uncle. Even though today I heard that my uncle was dead, it reminds me that death is what makes life SO precious. Life's so fragile, yet precious...........
"Death is psychologically as important as birth. Shrinking away from it is something unhealthy and abnormal which robs the second half of life of its purpose." - Carl Jung
"It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live." - Marcus Aurelius
"It is hard to have patience with people who say 'There is no death' or 'Death doesn't matter.'' There is death. And whatever is matters. And whatever happens has consequences, and it and they are irrevocable and irreversible. You might as well say that birth doesn't matter." - C.S. Lewis
"Has this world been so kind to you that you should leave with regret? There are better things ahead than any we leave behind." - C.S. Lewis
"Life is but a brief moment. The years go by quickly and old age arrives suddenly before we have an inkling. People desire so many things and waste their days in vain. Some yearn for gold, others for power, yet others for glory and a higher station. But when death's moment nears and they look back at their lives they've lived, they realise they've been happy only during those moments when they've loved." - Borje Vahamaki
Quotes taken from here.