1. The more I learn from and about others, the more I realize that I don't know anything much.
2. I have an unteachable heart, especially when I get unsolicited advice. This has been one of my problems ever since I was young. I have a rebellious heart and for that, I hope God will help me change it. I don't want to have an unteachable heart anymore. Plus I also don't want to have pride growing inside me. Sometimes the tall weeds of pride grow pretty quickly in my heart and I feel smug, even though a part of me abhors it. Heaven help me! I'm pretty helpless in these departments!
3. The last time I talked to Mom on the phone (via Skype), she said something interesting to me. She's been preparing my brother's lunch for years now, but when his wife started living in their house, she told her, "I'm going to keep on preparing my son's lunch, but you can prepare your own lunch. That way you can grab anything you want."
You see, my Mom knows already what my brother likes and dislikes, but she doesn't know yet what my brother's wife likes and dislikes, so she wants to give her freedom. And Mom wants to keep on preparing for my brother's lunch since she knows already how much rice there should be, etc. She said to me that if my brother's wife wanted to take over that task later on (after finding out how much the portion should be for my brother), then that's fine for her.
I find that...INSPIRING!!! :-D
4. You know when you start getting to know someone, but you don't really share any personal stories yet, and then it comes one point when you say to yourself, "OK, this is it. I'm going to risk myself by sharing this and that, and if he/she reacts positively, then I know that I can begin to form a closer friendship with him/her"?
Well, that was what happened to me and my Brit friend yesterday and it felt GREAT!!! ;-D She's also EXCITED about our plan to start trying to have a baby at the end of this year and she gives me some advice. Since her own sons are teenagers now and she used to be a nurse, I can call her if I ever need help with my own kids HE HE HE HE HE...After all, my own Mom is far away from me now.
5. Yesterday Arttu's second brother sent him an email. Apparently he'd been reading my blog, so he knew what had happened to Arttu after the birthday party. JARPPPPAAAAAA, if you're reading this post, why don't you write me some comments every now and then, eh? HE HE HE HE HE...
Anyway, Arttu was confused why his brother knew about all of that, so he asked, "Did you write about everything in your blog?" I said yes, and upon hearing that, he said, "Nice going! Now the whole world knows that I'm an a**h***!"
I explained to him that I had been writing so much positive stuff about him and if I kept on doing that, nobody would believe me since he would be "too perfect" HE HE HE HE HE HE...He just smiled and shook his head in disbelief when he heard my explanation HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...