Wednesday, January 02, 2008

New Year's Tradition Meme

Crystal tagged me to do this one, but I'm not going to tag anyone.

Rule:
Copy the person and persons' names that sent it to you and add your own at the bottom of the list. It really helps to build community.

Let's start it here!

*My mom used to collect some coins and when the new year comes she put the coins in a bowl and shake it to create sounds. She said its good luck for money throughout the year. And also wearing dotted dresses on new year don't know why.
CC/chalyza/keep

*My old folks always told us to avoid spending money on new years day. They said, once you spend on the first day of the year, you like to spend the rest of the year.
Behind d Scenes of ME/ Retchel’s Pure Life/ A little bit of me

*I grew up believing that if you have some money on your pocket (whatever you're wearing) come New Year's eve it will ensure steady flow of income throughout the year. The other belief is that the main door of the house should be wide open come New Year's eve so that good luck will be ushered in. Juliana of
MY WORLD and JULIANA’S LAIR.

*I don't know if what I am about to write is a new year's tradition or not. In my place, most people will 'jump' into the sea or take a shower as soon as the clock strikes to 12 in New Year's Eve to get rid of all the bad lucks in the previous year. ;D ~ CHOC MINT GIRL~

*My New Year's tradition ever since I was a teenager was staying up late, watching TV until dawn alone while reminiscing the past year and counting my blessings and then thinking of what I wanna do the coming year. However, last New Year's Eve I didn't stay up until dawn as I wanted to sleep with my hubby ha ha ha ha ha...I mean I wanted to sleep at the same time as he did. I think there should be a tradition where people hug their loved ones and thank them for a WONDERFUL year and tell them that they love them he he he he he...Now I'm rambling ha ha ha ha ha... - Amel's Realm

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha...what a tradition!!! Sounds good to me he he he...As long as they bring luck to you he he he... ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Choc Mint Girl: HE HE HE HE HE...well, luck is what you make it. ;-D

    ReplyDelete