Sunday, June 03, 2007

Lucky!!!

I've been looking for English novels to read since I left almost all my unread novels back in Indo (couldn't fit in my suitcase - besides, books are heavy!). Unfortunately, in this small town of Sodankyl√§, there's only one bookstore and there aren't that many English novels. In the library there aren't too many interesting new novels, either. Even in Huuto.net (Finnish e-bay), I can hardly find people selling English novels. I know I can always order books from Helsinki (there are big bookstores there with plenty of English novels), however a new book costs at least €9. Plus I'll have to pay for the postal fee. Plus there's no guarantee that you'd actually like the book, right?

A lucky break came when I visited Finland Forum the other day. There's a woman trying to sell English novels (there are around 200 books) 'coz she hasn't got enough space to fit them anymore. Thus she's selling them cheaply (around €0.50-€2). So I contacted her right away and asked about the list of the novels.

I've chosen 7 novels and she said she'd give another novel for free if I wanted to (the novel has lost its cover but it's still readable). Hungry for books (I have a dream of creating my own personal library one day), I told her I'd be SO happy to accept that free book. So, in the end I'll get 8 novels at the price of €13.70. YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!! *jumping up and down in glee*

When it feels as though the universe actually HEARS you, it feels GREAT, doesn't it???? ;-D

P.S. So if anyone reading my blog lives in Finland and he/she's interested in buying cheap used English novels, just visit Finland Forum (you can find the link in my sidebar) and go to "Sale and Wanted" section.

4 comments:

  1. hey, that was lucky!

    Here our "lucky shopping" is the local recycle shop. They sell things really cheap. We got a real wood bookcase with glass doors for £4 (I think about 6 Euro?)

    I love junk shops and second hand places. Most of my books are second hand. I did bring some of my favourite books with me, but I also gave away a lot.

    Hope you enjoy your new books. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep!!!

    The books aren't here yet so I'm pretty EXCITED. ;-D

    WOWIE!!! A REAL wood bookcase that cost SO cheap? That must've felt SO good to buy it. After all, women LOVE sale/discount!

    Yeah, as a matter of fact today I'll visit the fleamarket again, hoping to find more summer clothes he he he...;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I believe every booklover is dreaming of having a private big library of his/her own :) it's my dream also :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Mina!!!

    Yes, you're RIGHT. However I have a friend who loves reading but she doesn't want to have books. She prefers borrowing he he he...

    Hope we can both achieve this dream someday then he he he...

    ReplyDelete