Okay, now we move on to the topic I want to talk about. Since I've been reading "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" by Mitch Albom, you can already guess what I'm going to talk about now. Yep. Heaven. In the novel it's said that when you die, you meet 5 people who'll explain your past to you and your connection with them in life, even though you may not realize that connection when you're still alive.
My first questions are: What's your idea of heaven? How do you imagine heaven (if you believe there is a heaven)?
I won't define/describe my own idea of heaven because I'd like to keep it as a surprise when I do get there someday. The idea of heaven reminds me of what my friend once told me when I was facing a serious depressing problem. She said, "Go write down what you want to ask God about the things happening in your life that you don't understand and then you can ask those questions after you die. I've already had a long list of my own questions to ask Him later." Intriguing! If that's the case, then Mitch Albom's idea/fable of heaven may be feasible.
My second question is: Since some of you may not believe in heaven, let's talk about heaven on earth then. What makes you feel that you're experiencing heaven on earth? The moments when you say, "Oh dear, it feels SO heavenly" or "My goodness, so THIS may be heaven on earth." It can be an experience, a place, or a situation, or anything at all. I'm VERY interested in finding out what people think of heaven on earth.
These are the the things that make me feel that heaven is on earth:
1. When I sit on my husband's lap and then we hold each other SO tightly and do nothing but just enjoy each other's presence and warmth.
2. When I've been craving for some food and then I can eat that specific food that tastes EXACTLY the way I want it to be.
3. Having a good night's sleep, being able to sleep with a peaceful mind and heart, unburdened by anything.
4. Whenever I am amazed by God's creations, especially when I bask in the glory of beautiful nature.
5. When you get something you've been wanting even without asking for it.
6. Miracles in life.
7. Being understood.
I guess that'd be enough for now he he...I can't wait to read your comments, so better publish this post. :-)))