Thursday, August 16, 2007

Is My Faith Strong Enough?

The other day I read an article on faith that blew my mind away. I read it in the website I've mentioned once: Answers to Tough Questions. (written by Dan Vander Lugt)

Here are the lines that blew me away:

1. If we believe that our faith must be perfect, we have established an unattainable goal and enslaved ourselves to a new form of works-salvation.

2.
People who think that their faith must be perfect before it will be acceptable to God ignore dozens of scriptural examples of people whose trust in God was imperfect, yet their faith was still accepted by Him. (There are also examples from the Bible, click the article to read them)

3. ...it isn't the perfection of our trust that matters, but the perfection of God's love and forgiveness.


WOW!!! I never really dwelled on this before. I know my faith is nothing compared to lots of people out there. However, what counts is God. That God doesn't compare me with anyone else. That HE stays the same even though everything surrounds me changes. He knows I'll screw up every now and then. He knows that my faith wavers. He knows how hard life can sometimes be, yet He is still there for me. He doesn't compare me with anyone and I'm SO grateful for that!!! He is LOVE and He'll always be love. I've just begun to make little steps to learn His love and I'm already amazed. I'm truly looking forward to being more and more amazed by Him.




4 comments:

  1. Very true. As humans, we cannot reasonably judge one another's faith nor even our own. If we spend time comparing and contrasing our faith to that of others, we will only end up building walls and barriers that needn't be there.

    Psalm 139:1-8, 23-24 (KJV) reads:

    O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether. Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it. Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

    Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my thoughts.And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.



    He's always with us, as well as within us. Therefore, He knows us best, He 'understands our thoughts from afar'.


    Very good message you have sent with this post. Thank you for sharing that message.

    God bless you and may you continue to grow in faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was wonderful. I am in agreement with you 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate: THANKS for your two cents and the verses. ;-D Yeah, I thought that the article was too good to keep myself, so I decided to write it in a post. ;-D

    Kathy: Glad you enjoyed reading it. ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, girl: you've been tagged!

    Check it out at:

    http://maxcouti.blogspot.com/2007/08/tagged-4-things.html

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete