Sunday, December 30, 2007

Movie Reviews: Atonement + The Nanny Diaries

Last night I saw "Atonement". Boy, if you want to watch a movie with a surprising twist, then you'd better watch this one!!! However, don't expect a light-hearted movie. It's a dark love story with plenty of twists he he he he...And it's definitely NOT for kids! It's based on a novel, which I think is BRILLIANT. I'm not surprised that the movie's nominated for 7 Golden Globes. ;-D Kiera Knightly is starring in this movie. ;-D

This is the plot outline in IMDB:

Fledgling writer Briony Tallis, as a 13-year-old, irrevocably changes the course of several lives when she accuses her older sister's (Keira Knightley) lover (James McAvoy) of a crime he did not commit. Based on the British romance novel by Ian McEwan.





The other night I saw "The Nanny Diaries" while hubby was gaming in front of his computer. I was at first unsure whether it would be a good one or not, so I wasn't really enthusiastic, but since there were no other good movies to watch, I thought it would do. However, I was wrong. I enjoyed the movie very much since it had lots of important lessons he he he he...

Maybe most women know what's the story about since the novel became a hit already before the movie was made. I never read the novel, so I don't know if it's similar to it or not, but basically it's the story of a college graduate who works as a nanny for a VERY rich family in New York.

It touched me in some parts, since the boy which the nanny took care of obviously STARVED to death for his parents' love and quality time, but his parents were always so busy doing other things. In the end the nanny managed to get the boy's mother to spend more time with her son rather than going shopping or going to some charities or any other places.

Here are some quotes I love from this movie:

1.
There's a common belief among anthropologists that you must immerse yourself in an unfamiliar world in order to truly understand your own.

2. I don't understand why someone can have everything and still be...so miserable.

3. Grayer is not an accessory...Grayer loves you. He doesn't care what you're wearing or what you buy him or what school he gets into. He just - he just wants you there. That's it. And time's running out, and he won't love you unconditionally that much longer, so...for your own good, don't miss out on getting to know him.

If anyone of you has seen any of these movies, how did you like it or them? ;-D

No comments:

Post a Comment